|The 2018 Educare Learning Network Meeting will bring together staff, parents and partners from all 23 Educare schools to connect, collaborate and celebrate how the Network is “Learning Together: Reaching Higher.” This year’s event, in Tulsa, Okla, April 17-20, will be hosted by our partners at Educare Tulsa. The annual meeting is an opportunity to collaborate on early learning strategies and discuss how Educare can help create positive change in the early education field to benefit young children and families across the country.
We invite you to follow @EducareSchools and #EducareMeeting for live coverage of the meeting, including:
- Learnings and research from early childhood expert and keynote speaker Helen H. Raikes, Ph.D. A Willa Cather professor of child, youth and family studies at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Dr. Raikes will explore the social and emotional development of young children and best practices in executive functioning.
- The latest updates and next steps for the Educare Acceleration Grant projects. Read about the collaborations and innovative strategies that came out of the first round of Acceleration Grants.
- The Power of Science in Early Childhood: Science as a driver of high-quality teaching and learning. Members of the Early Science Initiative will provide an interactive workshop that engages attendees in hands-on, minds-on learning.
- A deeper dive into executive function-related program practices with Dr. Helen Raikes. Educare schools will also share their experiences with implementing executive function techniques in their programs.
- Insight into how Educare Tulsa schools provide high-quality early childhood education and support for more than 500 young children and their families in Tulsa. Tulsa’s three schools also help to boost the quality and effectiveness of other early childhood programs in Tulsa and Oklahoma.
- How continuous learning and innovation helps early childhood practitioners, staff and parents improve their practice so they can better serve young children and families.
Read about the 2017 Educare Learning Network Meeting.