Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization Train-the-Trainer
June 27-29, 2017 Chicago, IL
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: The ideal train-the-trainer candidates will be early childhood leadership staff who are interested in, and possess skills to provide professional development to their own staff, as well as to other community-based early childhood professionals.
The Educare collective quality train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization foundational and core trainings. This training is comprised of one three-day in-person contact followed by the virtual participation in a facilitator’s community of practice.
The training will focus on data utilization and how to help others use data for continuous quality improvement in their own programs. The purpose is to increase the knowledge, skills and experience for all early childhood educators so data-use practices become embedded components of continuous quality learning and improvement, which promotes positive school culture and improved child and family outcomes.
Participants must register by June 2, 2017.
The Educare collective quality train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization foundational and core trainings using the following five-step approach:
- Attend: Train-the-trainer attendees will participate in the training facilitated by the Educare collective quality team, and will receive train-the-trainer material and content to prepare them for their own Educare Best Practices Training presentations.
- Present: Train-the-trainer attendees will observe their peers as they deliver portions of Educare Best Practices Training.
- Co-facilitate: Attendees will co-present segments of the Educare Best Practices Training.
- Trainer community of practice: Trained facilitators will participate in a virtual community of practice, facilitated by the Educare collective quality team.
- Take-over: Trained facilitators will take over the training, as it will be theirs to sustain.
Upon completion of the train-the-trainer model, trainers will be equipped with the following:
- An overview of Educare Best Practices Training content
- Training materials, tools and support mechanisms to carry out the Educare Best Practices Training
- An opportunity to attend, observe, practice and share Educare Best Practices Training
We request all training participants from out of town to arrive on Monday, June 26 in preparation for an early start on Tuesday morning. The Educare Learning Network requires each participant to stay until the completion of the event on Thursday, June 29 at 2pm Central Time. We kindly request you book your travel to accommodate full participation in the event. Attendees that may need an additional night stay in Chicago to meet the full training requirement must contact us directly with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 8am–5pm Central Time
Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 8am-5pm Central Time
Thursday, June 29, 2017, 8am-2pm Central Time
Additional Information and Inquiries
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com and 312.981.0901.
500 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60605
The Educare Learning Network will book your accommodations at the Hotel Blake. Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: June 26, 2017
Check-out: June 29, 2017
Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
Please visit the Hotel Blake website for parking information.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.
- Brazzaz, The Brazilian Steakhouse, 539 North Dearborn Street, 312.595.9000
- Chicago Chop House, 60 West Ontario Street, 312.787.7100
- Cheesecake Factory, 875 North Michigan Avenue, in the John Hancock Center, 312.337.1101
- C-House, 166 East Superior Street, 312.523.0923
- Cibo Matto-Modern Italian, 201 North State Street, 312.239.9500
- Heaven on Seven, 600 North Michigan Avenue, 312.280.7774
- Mastro’s Restaurant-Steakhouse, 520 North Dearborn Street, 312.521.5100
- Park Grill, 11 North Michigan Avenue, 312.521.7275
- Sunda-Modern Asian, 110 West Illinois Street, 312.644.0500
- Wildfire, 159 East Erie, 312.787.9000
- Zed 451, 739 North Clark Street, 312.266.6691
- Nordstrom Rack, 520 North Michigan Avenue, 312.379.4300
- Nine West, 175 West Jackson Boulevard, 312.786.0206
- TJ Maxx, 11 North State Street, 312.553.0515
- Target, 1154 South Clark Street, 312.212.6300
- Nike Town, 669 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.6363
- Crate & Barrel, 646 North Michigan Avenue, 312.787.5900
- Neiman Marcus, 737 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.5900
- Saks Fifth Avenue, 700 North Michigan Avenue, 312.944.6500
- Chicago Place Shopping Center, 700 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.4811
- Macy’s State Street, 111 North State Street, 312.578.8629
- Disney Store, 717 North Michigan Avenue, 312.654.9208
- Water Tower Place, 835 North Michigan Avenue, 312.440.3166
- Bloomingdales, 900 North Michigan Avenue, 312.440.4460
Nightlife in Chicago
- Andy’s Jazz Club, 11 East Hubbard Street, 312.642.6805
- Blue Chicago, 536 North Clark Street, 312.661.0100
- Buddy Guy’s Legends, 700 South Wabash Avenue, 312.427.1190
- Close Up 2, (live smooth jazz), 416 South Clark Street, 312.385.1111
- House of Blues, 329 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, 312.923.2000
- Howl at the Moon, 26 West Hubbard Street, 312.863.7427
For more information about places to see in Chicago, visit the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau.