Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization Train-the-Trainer
August 6-8, 2019 Chicago, IL
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: The ideal train-the-trainer candidates will be early childhood leadership staff who are interested in, and possess skills to provide professional development to their own staff, as well as to other community-based early childhood professionals.
The Educare collective quality train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization foundational and core trainings. This training is comprised of one three-day in-person contact followed by the virtual participation in a facilitator’s community of practice.
The training will focus on data utilization and how to help others use data for continuous quality improvement in their own programs. The purpose is to increase the knowledge, skills and experience for all early childhood educators so data-use practices become embedded components of continuous quality learning and improvement, which promotes positive school culture and improved child and family outcomes.
Participants must register by July 19, 2019.
The Educare collective quality train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Data Utilization foundational and core trainings using the following five-step approach:
- Attend: Train-the-trainer attendees will participate in the training facilitated by the Educare collective quality team, and will receive train-the-trainer material and content to prepare them for their own Educare Best Practices Training presentations.
- Present: Train-the-trainer attendees will observe their peers as they deliver portions of Educare Best Practices Training.
- Co-facilitate: Attendees will co-present segments of the Educare Best Practices Training.
- Trainer community of practice: Trained facilitators will participate in a virtual community of practice, facilitated by the Educare collective quality team.
- Take-over: Trained facilitators will take over the training, as it will be theirs to sustain.
Upon completion of the train-the-trainer model, trainers will be equipped with the following:
- An overview of Educare Best Practices Training content
- Training materials, tools and support mechanisms to carry out the Educare Best Practices Trainings with Educare and non-Educare Staff
- An opportunity to attend, observe, practice and share Educare Best Practices Training with Educare and non-Educare staff
Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 8:30am–4:30pm Central Time
Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 8:30am-4:30pm Central Time
Thursday, August 8, 2019, 8:30am-2pm Central Time
Additional Information and Inquiries
Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and 312.981.0901.
The Educare Learning Network will cover the cost of breakfast, lunch and snacks during meeting hours
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse eligible organizations for airfare expenses for three people per school attending the event. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase be contacting us at email@example.com. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
Driving and Parking
Driving and Parking: If driving to Chicago, the Educare Learning Network will reimburse eligible participants $0.58 per mile, up to $500.
GO Airport Express shuttle service can be booked online or by calling 773.247.1200. Transportation can be arranged to and from both O’Hare and Midway International airports. For pricing, please contact the shuttle service directly.
Estimated taxi fares:
- One way to or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (driving time approximately 35 minutes): $40‑$50
- One way to or from Chicago Midway International Airport (driving time approximately 25 minutes): $30‑$40
The fare is $2.50 one way. Please note: there is a $5 surcharge for passengers leaving from O’Hare Airport. Subway rides are approximately 50 minutes in length.
From O’Hare Airport, take the Blue Line:
Exit at LaSalle
Hotel Blake: 500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line:
Exit at Harold Washington Library
Hotel Blake: 500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605
500 S Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60605
The Educare Learning Network will book your accommodations at the Hotel Blake. Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee. The nightly rate for those covering their own stay is $169 plus tax. Payment will be due upon check-in to the hotel, however a credit card can be placed on the room ahead of travels by calling 312.986.1234
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: August 5, 2019
Check-out: August 8, 2019
Please visit the Hotel Blake’s website for parking information.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.