Educare Best Practices Training: High-Quality Teaching Practices Train-the-Trainer
February 25-27, 2020 Chicago, IL
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: The ideal train-the-trainer candidates will be early childhood leadership staff who are interested in and possess skills to provide professional development to their own staff, as well as to other community-based early childhood professionals.
The Educare Best Practices Training train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become trainers of Educare Best Practices Training: High-Quality Teaching Practices foundational and core trainings. This training is comprised of one two-and-a-half-day contact followed by the virtual participation in a trainer’s community of practice.
The Educare Best Practices: High-Quality Teaching Practices Training focuses on essential components of effective pedagogy and rigorous and relevant instruction in early childhood settings.
Registration deadline: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
The Educare Best Practices train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become trainers of Educare Best Practices Training: High-Quality Teaching Practices foundational and core trainings using the following five-step approach:
- Attend: Train-the-trainer attendees will participate in the training facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team and will receive train-the-trainer material and content to prepare them for their own Educare Best Practices Training presentations.
- Present: Train-the-trainer attendees will observe their peers as they deliver portions of Educare Best Practices Training.
- Co-facilitate: Attendees will co-present segments of the Educare Best Practices Training.
- Trainer community of practice: Trainers will participate in a virtual community of practice, facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team.
- Take-over: Trainers will take over the training, as it will be theirs to sustain.
Upon completion of the train-the-trainer model, trainers will be equipped with the following:
- An overview of Educare Best Practices Training content
- Training materials, tools and support mechanisms to carry out the Educare Best Practices Training with Educare and non-Educare staff
- An opportunity to attend, observe, practice and share Educare Best Practices Training with Educare and non-Educare staff
The Ounce of Prevention Fund is as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education and Training by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). This IACET accreditation adds a level of validation to our training programs and provides early education and home visiting professionals with learning experiences that demonstrate elevated expertise, help them continue advancing in their careers and expand their skill sets. We are pleased to offer IACET continuing education units to our learners.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available for this learning event by completing the following criteria:
- Create a Cornerstone OnDemand profile
- Participate in all exercises, discussions, and teach-back demonstrations
- Have verified attendance each day
- Complete all questions in the post-assessment
If all criteria above is met, you will earn 20 training hours and 2.0 “CEU” credits for the High-Quality Teaching Practices Train-the-Trainer. If you have any questions or need additional information regarding IACET accreditation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, February 25, 8am-5pm
Wednesday, February 26, 8am-5pm
Thursday, February 27, 8am-2pm
Additional Information and Inquiries
The Educare Learning Network will cover the cost of breakfast, lunch and snacks during meeting hours.
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com or 312.981.0901.
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse eligible organizations for airfare expenses for up to three people per school attending the event. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase be contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
Driving and Parking
For participants driving to Chicago, there will be a mileage reimbursement of $0.58 per mile, up to $500. Parking information for the Hotel Blake can be found here.
GO Airport Express. 888.284.3826. Offers daily service from 4am‑10pm. Reservations are recommended, but not required from the airports. However, reservations are required for your return trip to the airport.
- To or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $28
- Single person, round trip: $53
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $14
- To or from Chicago Midway International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $23
- Single person, round trip: $41
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $12
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Estimated taxi fares:
- One way to or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (driving time approximately 35 minutes): $40‑$50
- One way to or from Chicago Midway International Airport (driving time approximately 25 minutes): $30‑$40
The fare is $2.50 one way. Please note: there is a $5 surcharge for passengers leaving from O’Hare Airport. Subway rides are approximately 55 minutes in length.
From O’Hare Airport, take the Blue Line:
Exit at LaSalle
Hotel Blake, 500 South Dearborn Street
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line:
Exit at Harold Washington Library-State-Van Buren
Hotel Blake, 500 South Dearborn Street
500 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60605
The Educare Learning Network will book your accommodations at the Hotel Blake. Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee. The nightly rate for those covering their own stay is $89 plus tax. Payment will be due upon check-in to the hotel, however a credit card can be placed on the room ahead of travels by calling 312.986.1234.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: February 24, 2020
Check-out: February 27, 2020
Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
Please visit the Hotel Blake website for parking information.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.