Educare Best Practices Training: Intensive Family Engagement Train-the-Trainer
June 4-7, 2019
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: The ideal train-the-trainer candidates will be early childhood leadership and family engagement staff who are interested in and possess skills to provide professional development to their own staff, as well as to other community-based early childhood professionals.
The Educare Best Practices train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Intensive Family Engagement foundational and core trainings. This training is comprised of one 3 and a half day contact followed by the virtual participation in a facilitator’s community of practice.
The Educare Best Practices: Intensive Family Engagement Training focuses on the essential components of intensive family engagement, including strategies and practices that lead to positive program, family and child outcomes in early childhood settings.
Registration deadline: Friday, May 10, 2019
The Educare Best Practices train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Intensive Family Engagement: foundational and core trainings using the following five-step approach:
- Attend: Train-the-trainer attendees will participate in the training facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team and will receive train-the-trainer material and content to prepare them for their own Educare Best Practices Training presentations.
- Present: Train-the-trainer attendees will observe their peers as they deliver portions of Educare Best Practices Training.
- Co-facilitate: Attendees will co-present segments of the Educare Best Practices Training.
- Trainer community of practice: Trained facilitators will participate in a virtual community of practice, facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team.
- Take-over: Trained facilitators will take over the training, as it will be theirs to sustain.
Upon completion of the train-the-trainer model, trainers will be equipped with the following:
- An overview of Educare Best Practices Training Content
- Training materials, tools and support mechanisms to carry out the Educare Best Practices Training
- An opportunity to attend, observe, practice and share Educare Best Practices Training
Tuesday, June 4: 8:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday, June 5: 8:00am-4:00pm
Thursday, June 6: 8:00am-4:00pm
Friday, June 7: 8:00am-2:00pm
We kindly request you book your travel to accommodate full participation in the event.
Additional Information and Inquiries
The Educare Learning Network will cover the following expenses for three participants per school to attend the training: Airfare, Hotel accommodations (four nights), Meals during meeting times.
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com or 312.981.0901.
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse your organization for airfare expenses for three people per school attending the training. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase be contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
Driving and Parking
For participants driving to Chicago, there will be a mileage reimbursement of $0.545 per mile, up to $500. Parking information for the Silversmith Hotel can be found here.
GO Airport Express. 888.284.3826. Offers daily service from 4am‑10pm. Reservations are recommended, but not required from the airports. However, reservations are required for your return trip to the airport.
- To or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $28
- Single person, round trip: $53
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $14
- To or from Chicago Midway International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $23
- Single person, round trip: $41
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $12
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Estimated taxi fares:
- One way to or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (driving time approximately 35 minutes): $40‑$50
- One way to or from Chicago Midway International Airport (driving time approximately 25 minutes): $30‑$40
The fare is $2.50 one way. Please note: there is a $5 surcharge for passengers leaving from O’Hare Airport. Subway rides are approximately 55 minutes in length.
From O’Hare Airport, take the Blue Line:
Exit at Washington
Silversmith Hotel, 10 South Wabash Avenue
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line:
Exit at Washington and Wabash
Silversmith Hotel, 10 South Wabash Avenue
10 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
The Educare Learning Network will handle your hotel accommodation throughout your stay with us. We will cover the cost for up to three participants, covering rooms plus tax for four nights. Guests are required to provide a credit card during check-in to cover the cost of incidentals and other additional charges. Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: Monday, June 3, 2019
Check-out: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.