Educare Best Practices Training: Embedded Professional Development Train-the-Trainer
June 20-22, 2018 Sheltering Arms, 385 Centennial Olympic Park Drive NW, Atlanta GA 30313
Audience: The ideal train-the-trainer candidates will be early childhood leadership professionals or trainers possessing skills to provide professional development to their own staff, as well as to other community-based early childhood staff.
The Educare Best Practices Training train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Embedded Professional Development foundational and core trainings. This training is comprised of one two-and-a-half-day contact followed by the virtual participation in a facilitator’s community of practice. Embedded professional development is the driver for all areas of work in educational settings. This embedded professional development training is designed to provide early childhood professionals with knowledge and understanding about embedded professional development so that they can promote these evidence-based practices in their programs. The purpose of the Embedded Professional Development training modules is to support early childhood programs and providers in cultivating a climate and infrastructure, processes of embedded professional development for continuous quality improvement.
Registration deadline: Monday, May 7, 2018
The Educare Best Practices train-the-trainer model will prepare participants to become facilitators of Educare Best Practices Training: Embedded Professional Development: foundational and core trainings using the following five-step approach:
- Attend: Train-the-trainer attendees will participate in the training facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team and will receive train-the-trainer material and content to prepare them for their own Educare Best Practices Training presentations.
- Present: Train-the-trainer attendees will observe their peers as they deliver portions of Educare Best Practices Training.
- Co-facilitate: Attendees will co-present segments of the Educare Best Practices Training.
- Trainer community of practice: Trained facilitators will participate in a virtual community of practice, facilitated by the Educare Best Practices team.
- Take-over: Trained facilitators will take over the training, as it will be theirs to sustain.
Upon completion of the train-the-trainer model, trainers will be equipped with the following:
- An overview of Educare Best Practices Training content
- Training materials, tools and support mechanisms to carry out the Educare Best Practices Trainings with Educare and non-Educare staff
- An opportunity to attend, observe, practice and share Educare Best Practices Training with Educare and non-Educare staff
Wednesday, June 20, 8am-5pm
Thursday, June 21, 8am-5pm
Friday, June 22, 8am-2pm
Additional Information and Inquiries
The Educare Learning Network will cover meals during meeting hours.
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com or 312.981.0901.
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse eligible organizations for airfare expenses for three people per school attending the training. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase be contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
The Educare Learning Network recommends the use of the Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) to travel to and from the Courtyard Atlanta Downtown. The MARTA costs $2.50 per ride + $2 for a Breeze Card to gain train access. Rail system runs approximately every 10 minutes from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The Courtyard Atlanta Downtown is 1 minute from the Peachtree Center Train Station, 20 minutes from the airport. For additional transportation options from the airport, see the Hartsfield-Jackson website.
Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
133 Carnegie Way NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
The Educare Learning Network will book your accommodations at the Courtyard Atlanta Downtown. Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee. The nightly rate for those covering their own stay is $149 plux tax.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: June 19
Check-out June 22
Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.