Family Support Core Virtual Training
November-December 2020 Virtual
Audience: Educare family support staff and supervisors who have been employed in their current role one year or less
This interactive, virtual training series provides an orientation to the philosophy underlying the theoretical and research base of family support and a view of the goals, practices and implementation strategies for working with families in Educare schools.
This pilot series utilizes a blended learning approach and is comprised of live webinars, self-paced learning modules, online discussion boards, group work, and theory-in-action practice at Educare schools. The series begins with a welcome packet of information, followed by a live webinar in November and runs through December 2020. When registering, participants are committing to attend all webinar contacts as well as contributing to all discussion board threads and completing all assignments.
Registration deadline: November 2, 2020
Upon the completion of this virtual training series, Family Support Core Training participants will be able to:
- Articulate the Educare Intensive Family Engagement approach
- Describe the family support staff’s role in building collaborative working partnerships with families and with colleagues in the interdisciplinary Educare team
- Describe and demonstrate skills and strategies for building strengths-based relationships with families and colleagues
- Identify key strategies for integrating data and the research-program partnership into family engagement work
- Identify key strategies for incorporating the lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging into family engagement work
Prior to participating in this training series, registrants must complete the following Educare Learning Network Digital Overviews (click here for the Digital Overview Access Manual):
- Orientation to Educare
- Reflective Supervision
- Family Support
- Master Teacher
Meeting Locations and Times
The Educare Learning Network requests that supervisors of training participants plan coverage for their supervisees to spend 3-5 hours per week engaging with the self-paced online training content as well as attending the following webinars.
*Welcome information will be sent by November 4th
November 10, 1-1:30 p.m. CST
December 1, 1-2 p.m. CST
December 8, 1-2 p.m. CST
December 15, 1-2 p.m. CST
December 17, 1-1:30 p.m. CST
Additional Information and Inquiries
For technical requirements and support during the series, reference this document.
In order to create an optimal virtual learning environment for all participants, this training series will have a participant cap of 15. The Educare Learning Network will provide the Family Support Core training series in Spring 2021 for Educare Family Support Staff who are unable to participate in this pilot cohort.
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com.