November 18-19, 2019 Chicago, IL
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: New Executive Directors, Program Administrators and School Directors
The Educare Learning Network’s annual onboarding program for new school leaders is an effort to develop leadership capacity, encourage collaboration and foster professional learning communities. Onboarding supports a smooth integration for new leaders so they quickly become contributing members of our Educare schools. The onboarding process provides a systematic and comprehensive approach to incorporating, retaining and accelerating new staff and leaders.
Participants must register by November 8, 2019.
Onboarding is a strategic process of bringing a new employee to the organization and providing information, training, mentoring and coaching throughout the transition.
To create a positive onboarding experience that:
- Creates a shared understanding of the Educare work
- Facilitates the new leader’s ability to contribute in the new role
- Increases the new leader’s comfort level in the new role
- Cultivates champions and catalysts for change in ECE through growing knowledge and capacity about Educare in order to utilize the tools available through the Network
- Encourages commitment and engagement
Orient new Leaders as a part of the Network to:
- Focus on the core areas work of the Educare Learning Network; program practice, research, policy advocacy, and sustainability as they relate to the work of an Educare leader
- Help new leaders navigate Educare & the Network and cultivate their own personal connection to the work
- Encourage relationship building between the new leader, their mentor and supervisor
Monday, November 18
3:00-4:30pm Optional Educare Chicago Tour (5044 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60615)
5:30-7:30pm Meet and Greet Dinner at Gino’s East Pizzeria (521 S. Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60605)
Tuesday, November 19
8:00am-4:00pm Ounce of Prevention Fund (33 W. Monroe Street Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60603)
Additional Information and Inquiries
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Educare Learning Network will cover the cost of dinner on Monday and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday.
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse airfare expenses. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase be contacting us at email@example.com. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
Driving and Parking
If driving to Chicago, the Educare Learning Network will reimburse eligible participants $0.58 per mile, up to $500. Please visit the Hotel Blake’s website for parking information.
GO Airport Express shuttle service can be booked online or by calling 773.247.1200. Transportation can be arranged to and from both O’Hare and Midway International airports. For pricing, please contact the shuttle service directly.
Estimated taxi fares:
- One way to or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (driving time approximately 35 minutes): $40‑$50
- One way to or from Chicago Midway International Airport (driving time approximately 25 minutes): $30‑$40
The fare is $2.50 one way. Please note: there is a $5 surcharge for passengers leaving from O’Hare Airport. Subway rides are approximately 50 minutes in length.
From O’Hare Airport, take the Blue Line:
Exit at LaSalle/Congress
Hotel Blake 500 S Dearborn
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line:
Exit at Harold Washington Library
Hotel Blake 500 S Dearborn
500 S Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60605
The Educare Learning Network will book your accommodations and cover the cost of your stay at the Hotel Blake. Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: November 18
Check-out: November 19
Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.