Master Teacher Core Training
January 20-21, 2016
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street Suite 1521
Chicago, Illinois 60603
February 16, 2016
March 16-17, 2016
Ounce of Prevention Fund
33 West Monroe Street Suite 1520
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Audience: Master teacher staff who have been employed in their current role one year or less and have not participated in Master Teacher Core Training.
The Master Teacher Core Training will be conducted via three contacts January through March 2016. This interactive training series will define the role of the master teacher within the Educare model and provide orientation to the specific responsibilities of the role.
The role of the master teacher is to facilitate full and effective implementation of the Educare core features and evidence-based instructional practices by providing education staff with instructional leadership on teaching, learning and curriculum development. Strategies and resources will be shared and discussed over a three-month period. This training series will begin with a two-day, face-to-face training, followed by an interactive dialogue via webinar, and culminates with a second two-day, face-to-face training. When registering, participants are committing to attend all three required contacts.
This interactive training series will define the role of the master teacher within the Educare model and provide orientation to the specific responsibilities of the role. This includes:
- Leading the design, delivery and coordination of intensive professional development to build and enhance core competencies of the education staff, including coaching, reflective supervision, lesson study and reflective practice groups
- Leading and coordinating the education program for children ages birth to 3 or ages 3 to 5, including developing high-quality curriculum, assessments, and responsive, intentional and developmentally appropriate instruction
- Facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration among the education staff and other program staff, including research, family support, mental health, disabilities and consultants; and providing education staff with administrative support
Please forward this communication to your eligible master teacher staff who wish to attend this learning event.
Master Teacher Core Training Series Contact 1
Wednesday, January 20, 8:30am-4:30pm
Thursday, January 21, 8:30am-3pm
Location: Ounce of Prevention Fund, 33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1520 Chicago, IL 60603
Master Teacher Core Training Series Contact 2
Tuesday, February 16, 1:30-3:30pm
Master Teacher Core Training Series Contact 3
Wednesday, March 16, 8:30am-4:30pm
Thursday, March 17, 8:30am-3pm
Location: Ounce of Prevention Fund, 33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1520, Chicago, IL 60603
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, November 25, 2015
The Educare Learning Network will cover the following expenses:
- Hotel Accommodations (2 nights)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and snacks during training)
Additional Information and Inquiries
Please contact us with questions at email@example.com or 312.453.1991.
The Educare Learning Network will reimburse your organization for airfare expenses. We will also cover one baggage fee per person each way. Airfare arrangements should be completed at least 21 days prior to the travel date. All flights must be booked in economy class. Airfares greater than $500 must be approved before purchase by contacting Lindsey Gonka at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward original receipts within 30 days of the event for timely reimbursement.
Airport Shuttle Service
GO Airport Express. 888.284.3826. Offers daily service from 4am‑10pm. Reservations are recommended, but not required from the airports. However, reservations are required for your return trip to the airport.
- To or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $28
- Single person, round trip: $53
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $14
- To or from Chicago Midway International Airport, prices per person
- Single person, one way: $23
- Single person, round trip: $41
- Group (3 or more people), one way: $12
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Estimated taxi fares:
- One way to or from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (driving time approximately 35 minutes): $40‑$50
- One way to or from Chicago Midway International Airport (driving time approximately 25 minutes): $30‑$40
Car Rental at Chicago O’Hare International Airport
Car rental agencies are located on the lower level near the baggage claim areas of Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Please look for signs and courtesy phones. From Terminal 5, rental car agencies are available by courtesy telephones located on the lower level. Many car rental agencies also offer courtesy buses to various automobile pick‑up and drop‑off areas.
- Alamo: 800.327.9633
- Avis: 800.331.1212
- Budget: 800.527.0700
- Dollar: 800.800.4000
- Enterprise: 800.867.4595
- Hertz: 800.654.3131
- National: 800.227.7368
Car Rental at Chicago Midway International Airport
The car rental companies’ offices are located inside the terminal on the lower level. Car rental pick-up and drop-off points are found on Level 2 of the Midway Airport Parking Garage, located east of Cicero Avenue. Most of these companies provide vehicles for persons with mobility impairments. They need notification two to three days before your visit to Midway Airport.
- Alamo, 800.462.5266
- Avis, 800.331.1212
- Budget, 800.527.0700
- Dollar, 800.800.3665
- Enterprise, 866.502.1260
- Hertz, 800.654.3131
- National, 800.227.7368
The fare is $2.25 one way. Please note: there is a $5 surcharge for passengers leaving from O’Hare Airport. Subway rides are approximately 55 minutes in length.
From O’Hare Airport, take the Blue Line:
Exit at LaSalle
Hotel Blake, 500 South Dearborn Street
From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line:
Exit at Harold Washington Library-State-Van Buren
Hotel Blake, 500 South Dearborn Street
Contacts 1 and 3:
500 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60605
The Educare Learning Network will handle your hotel accommodation throughout your stay with us. We will cover the cost for your room plus tax for two nights. Guests are required to provide a credit card during check-in to cover the cost of incidentals and other additional charges.
Email confirmations will be sent directly from the hotel to each attendee.
Check-in and -out dates
Check-in: Tuesday, January 19
Check-out: Thursday, January 21
Check-in: Tuesday, March 15
Check-out: Thursday, March 17
Attendees wishing to extend their stay at the group rate must submit their request in writing as part of completing their online registration. All extended stay requests are subject to availability and will be at the expense of the attendee unless your return transportation requires an additional overnight stay.
Please visit the Hotel Blake website for parking information.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to date of arrival
- The Educare Learning Network must be notified of all cancellations by contacting Lindsey Gonka at email@example.com.
- Be advised that cancellation of individual reservations made up to 48 hours prior to arrival will be accepted and the deposit refunded for those rooms for the full night’s stay.
- Failure to cancel reservation will result in a no-show fee to the Educare Learning Network.
- Brazzaz, The Brazilian Steakhouse, 539 North Dearborn Street, 312.595.9000
- Chicago Chop House, 60 West Ontario Street, 312.787.7100
- Cheesecake Factory, 875 North Michigan Avenue, in the John Hancock Center, 312.337.1101
- C-House, 166 East Superior Street, 312.523.0923
- Custom House Tavern (located inside Hotel Blake), 500 South Dearborn Street, 312.523.0200
- Cibo Matto-Modern Italian, 201 North State Street, 312.239.9500
- Heaven on Seven, 600 North Michigan Avenue, 312.280.7774
- Mastro’s Restaurant-Steakhouse, 520 North Dearborn Street, 312.521.5100
- Park Grill, 11 North Michigan Avenue, 312.521.7275
- Sunda-Modern Asian, 110 West Illinois Street, 312.644.0500
- Wildfire, 159 East Erie, 312.787.9000
- Zed 451, 739 North Clark Street, 312.266.6691
- Nordstrom Rack, 520 North Michigan Avenue, 312.379.4300
- Nine West, 175 West Jackson Boulevard, 312.786.0206
- TJ Maxx, 11 North State Street, 312.553.0515
- Target, 1154 South Clark Street, 312.212.6300
- Nike Town, 669 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.6363
- Crate & Barrel, 646 North Michigan Avenue, 312.787.5900
- Neiman Marcus, 737 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.5900
- Saks Fifth Avenue, 700 North Michigan Avenue, 312.944.6500
- Chicago Place Shopping Center, 700 North Michigan Avenue, 312.642.4811
- Macy’s State Street, 111 North State Street, 312.578.8629
- Disney Store, 717 North Michigan Avenue, 312.654.9208
- Water Tower Place, 835 North Michigan Avenue, 312.440.3166
- Bloomingdales, 900 North Michigan Avenue, 312.440.4460
Nightlife in Chicago
- Andy’s Jazz Club, 11 East Hubbard Street, 312.642.6805
- Blue Chicago, 536 North Clark Street, 312.661.0100
- Buddy Guy’s Legends, 700 South Wabash Avenue, 312.427.1190
- Close Up 2, (live smooth jazz), 416 South Clark Street, 312.385.1111
- House of Blues, 329 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, 312.923.2000
- Howl at the Moon, 26 West Hubbard Street, 312.863.7427
For more information about places to see in Chicago, you can visit the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau.