Last Revised: October 1, 2015
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Website;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to Educare by contacting us.
What Information We Collect
Educare may collect the following types of information from or about you through the Website: (i) personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number, interests and similar information (“Personal Information”); and (ii) information that does not personally identify you, such as your internet protocol address, browser type, internet service provider, equipment, cookie information, frequency of Website visits, pages requested, and the like.
How We Collect Information
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as the following ways:
- Registrations for any product, service, or event on our Website;
- Subscriptions or purchases to receive one of our products or services;
- Registrations to receive email subscription and/or e-newsletters;
- Submission of a contact request;
- Registrations for individual accounts or profiles;
- Report a problem with our Website;
- Responses to surveys available on the Website or through email communications;
- Posts of material or requests further services;
- Participation in contests or sweepstakes; and
- Correspondence with us via e-mail transmitted on our Website or otherwise.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, including:
- Traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We may also collect this information automatically as you navigate through the Website and from third parties, for example, our service providers and business partners. We may associate information we collect with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies (also called locally shared objects) may be used to remember settings and preferences and to track usage. However, Flash cookies are stored differently on your hard drive and are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. In general, Flash cookies are more persistent and can store more data than browser cookies. If you wish to disable or delete Flash cookies, you should consult the Help file for your Flash application, and/or visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html and follow the instructions provided. However, if you turn Flash cookies off, you may not have access to some Website features and services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Do Not Track
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
Educare and its affiliates may use your Personal Information to present our Website and its contents to you, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or to which you consent, to process and fulfill orders, ship and confirm orders or event registrations, administer and process payments, provide customer service, update account and profile information, administer contests and sweepstakes, improve your Website experience, forward promotional emails and postal mail, forward updates and announcements, and communicate with you about the Website, contests and sweepstakes, and the products and services of Educare and its affiliates.
- Requested Emails: You authorize Educare and its affiliates to transmit email to you to respond to your questions or use or access of our products or services. In addition, if you have an account or profile or sign up to receive email communications, you agree that Educare is authorized to send you announcements, updates and informational and promotional emails and postal mail from Educare. If you participate in Activities, you agree that Educare is authorized to contact prospective winners by telephone and send information, documents and prizes to you by email or postal mail, as provided in the applicable rules. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email.
- Service Providers: We may disclose Personal Information to third parties that we may hire to perform services on our behalf. We may share Personal Information and other non-personal information with our service providers, shippers, vendors, advertisers, consultants, franchisees and affiliates for our internal business purposes, Website analysis or administration, communications with users, order payment and fulfillment, order delivery, marketing or similar activities.
- Legal and Safety Reasons: Educare may disclose Personal Information as required by applicable law or as necessary or advisable to: (a) protect Educare’s rights, safety or property or the rights, safety or property of others; (b) enforce the Terms; (c) respond to your orders or requests for customer service or other information; (d) comply with legal process or cooperate with law enforcement or governmental requests; (e) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims; or (f) comply with or as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- Major Transactions: Educare reserves the right to transfer any and all information, including without limitation Personal Information, collected from Website users to an affiliate or third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings).
We will not share Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How We Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Educare may combine Personal Information collected through the Website with information available from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information). We will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Educare uses commercially reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information.
No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Educare to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information,
neither Educare nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Children and Privacy
Educare and the Website do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, you are not permitted to use the Website or to submit any Personal Information to the Website. If you are between 13 and 17 years of age, you may post messages, but you may not submit any personal information. If we become aware that a Website user is under age 18 and has provided Personal Information, we will take steps to remove his or her Personal Information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Posts and Links
You are responsible for keeping your Personal Information current. You may update your Personal Information by sending an email to email@example.com.
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications from Educare by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive from us and follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.922.3863. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your purchases, your dealings with the Website, or technical information about the Website.
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Educare, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Educare to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Educare is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing your request to:
Educare Learning Network
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60603
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
Educare Learning Network
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60603
Please note that email communications may not be secure. Accordingly, you should not include personal or other sensitive information in your email correspondence to Educare.